Happy Sunday Beautiful!
Have you ever worn “lucky socks” or use a “lucky charm” when you want things to go your way?
Many people get weirded out by words like “spells”– but in the end, (for me – anyway), it’s all about personal rituals.
Folks that follow certain spiritual paths may feel like there is a “right’ or “wrong” way to perform rituals, based on what they have been taught. My personal motto, (also an unspoken tradition in my family) is “Question Authority” – so I’m a natural explorer.
Now here’s the thing: There is actually a “right” and “wrong” way to perform results oriented rituals – but it is NOT what you think.
First – let’s get clear on my definition of Magick:
Magick is the conscious manipulation of natural energies to create an intended result.
People who don’t believe in Magick, think that something outside of themselves (luck/ Blessings/Karma/God) is ultimately in control of their lives.
Now – I’m not suggesting that we have total control, but we do have control in what we choose to believe and how we respond to events in our lives.
While I do believe in God, I also believe that we are all aspects of God in human form. That said – my personal divinity, including my thoughts, actions and beliefs carry a lot of weight.
The Right way to Perform Magick
Magick occurs is when we consciously manipulate energies without a sliver of doubt that we’ll yield the results we desire.
Paramount in all Magickal traditions is the idea that we are all connected – so, it goes without saying intentional harm is not cool, it just boomerangs back at you (or what’s worse, your innocent by-standing family).
You can perform rituals around anything, but I find the most popular areas include:
Performing any ritual – thinking it “might not work” or with a “let’s see” attitude – may not come out the way you want.
See, contrary to our “seeing is believing” 3-D reality, with Magick, you must believe before you see.
Magick is both an art and a science. The manifestation of Magick can come about in two ways:
- By consciously manipulating energy to attract or “magnetize” something to you. (Create)
- By consciously manipulating energy so that you are removing any obstacles that prevent your desires to naturally come to you. (Destroy)
Here are my 4 Keys to Creating Meaningful Magick:
1. Get into a “Magickal Mindset”: By bringing your brain frequency from a beta level of consciousness to an alpha, theta or delta level. (Drumming, meditating, or breath-work gets you there.)
2. Get Clear: A specific outcome needs to be looked at from several angles, which includes your “why” and your “how” (How did I get here? Why do I want this specific outcome? Is it in your highest good without harming anyone?)
3. Directing Energy: Understanding energy helps you direct energy. In my 12 Steps to Tarot Mastery on-line program, participants learned about their personal Magickal Gift Order (so they knew what type of magic they are energetically predisposed to for success) and a very specific type of Magickal technique, which includes tarot cards.
4. Letting Go: Releasing your attachment to “how” is paramount so opening yourself up to the process of receiving. If, for example, you desire money and think that you have to do somersaults to help you get more clients – you may be so busy you accidentally throw out the unexpected check that comes in the mail.
Remember, you have the tools to manipulate the natural forces of energy to co-create miracles. In fact, you have been doing it often unknowingly, your entire life.
Why not do it consciously?