During my “independent studies”, I came across this very interesting fact I wanted to share with you.
Athens State University (in Alabama) has a series of “spirituality in action” programs – one which really delves deep into the Zeigarnik Effect.
If you’ve never heard of it, it is when unfinished tasks linger in our memory….(what that means energetically is that the task remains in our auric field – in the mental layer of each energy center.)
The fact that it lingers motivates us to return to it, to complete it.
The studies at Athens State concluded this:
Unachieved goals in even past lives, linger.
So, our unfinished current life “to do” lists, await our action and motivate us to fulfill them in the afterlife or another lifetime.
I don’t know about you, but I find this fascinating.
In fact, I think that the reason I am predisposed with a “sense of urgency” in many things I do is (in part) because of this yearning to “get a lot done” this time around…and help others fulfill dreams so that we can all do “more” next time around, (or choose not to come back at all – which is what I’m feelin’ at this very moment.)
So, setting life goals bring more quality to “long term” meaning than we thought. Its not about the car, the job, the guy/girl etc…it’s the lesson that comes from attaining the “thing”.
In addition to completing our “to do” list, the study concluded that each life time is motivated by a variety of needs including:
- Initiate new goals.
- Fulfill growth needs.
- Achieve higher levels of soul growth through assimilating past experiences.
- Experience unforeseen rewards of a new lifetime on Earth.
- Correct past life mistakes.
- Compensate for failures.
Knowing this has inspired me to take my Life Lift Program up a notch. I am introducing a whole new 12 week program that will support us all with our soul’s objectives for growth.
I am going to share a tip here, today.
A Message from Your Bottled up Spirit
If possible, start this exercise at the start of your day. Pick a goal, wish, or desire. Now bring yourself to center, then say out loud “Today, I am awake and aware to the guidance that will take me closer to this goal.”
Throughout your day, notice the following:
- What “stands out” to you today?
- What did you repeatedly hear (did the same message come to you via different sources?)
- Did any songs pop into your head? What did the lyrics say? (No lyrics? What is the name of the song?)
- At the end of your day, jot down what was obvious to you. If nothing seemed apparent, say this to yourself” Well, if I had to pick 3 things, it would be “X”, “Y” and “Z”, because the common thread was “A” (your job, grasshopper, is to fill in the blanks!)
Keep this up until you get the guidance you are looking for.
And don’t limit yourself to “where” the message comes from. Spirit is everywhere and in everything.
You are Loved~