I think of intuition as the way Spirit communicates to protect us and makes our lives easier. Here are a few tips tap into this voice:
- Know that intuition smacks you with truth. Intuition often scares you with what it whispers, and often lands with a thud of truth, cutting to the core of what’s true.
- Recognize that intuition tastes like freedom. “Shackles on or shackles off?” When the voice of intuition speaks, it alwaysfeels like shackles off.
- Listen to your body. Notice how your body feels when you’re faced with a decision. Your body’s “Hell no” will feel like a tightening or gripping sensation. A “Hell yeah” often feels like openness, especially in the chest. Sometimes choices feel scary, and you might be confused by butterflies. Discern if they the butterflies of excitement or the flutterings of dread.
- Learn to read energy. Sometimes, you instinctually read someone’s energy without even realizing you’re doing it. You’ll look at someone you’ve never met and pick up on cues about their emotional state, health, and well-being. Make it a conscious practice to “read energy” (The Lumin8 “Kit-n-Kaboodle” guides you with a deck, manual and 7 Week On-Line Program that supports you). Learn how to read a person, situation, or health. Bolster your energy-reading muscles.
- Ask for guidance. Your ego will try to convince you that it’s possible to control life. But your spirit laughs when your ego goes here. The sooner you realize that the Universe doesn’t need you to be in control, the more peace you’ll experience. And since you’re not in charge, why not enlist the help of forces of consciousness larger than you? Enlist the support of Plant Spirits and other forces with The Lumin8 Oracle. Surrender to the loving power from the unseen.
- Tune in to signs. The world is alive, everything is conscious, and Consciousness itself is always trying to communicate with us. But most of the time, we’re so busy, distracted, and caught up in our minds that we miss the signs showing us how to find and fulfill our calling, align with the right people, and live in accordance with our souls.
- Play with your intuition. Cultivate a playful relationship with your intuition. Make it a game. Is the phone ringing? See if you can intuit who it is. Heading out for a first date? Sense whether the date will fly or flop? Pull a card from The Lumin8 Oracle and see how its message aligns with your day.
Today, give yourself the gift of intuition.