An Intuition Witch follows no one. She discovers and embraces her personalized practices with guidance – not rules.
In my last newsletter, you took a brief test to determine your personal brand of magick.
There a plethora of books telling you how to be a witch these days. Discovering your personal brand of Magick allows you to define and create rituals that are most effective for you.
If you took the brief quiz last week you agreed to at least two of these statements:
- I like working with herbs.
- I carry crystals/like crystal gridding.
- I see and sense signs in nature.
To me, this means you may have a magickal gift order that is supported by the first and tenth chakras. This makes you particularly sensitive to your ancestors, nature, animals, and your environment.
Practices that may resonate with you include:
- Carrying a crystal or herb mojo bag for a particular intention – better yet – combining them both!
- Crystal gridding to manifest your desires.
- Drinking sacred herbs to adopt their healing properties and connect to the spirit of the plants.
- Grounding: Taking the time to stand barefoot on dirt or grass, while imagining roots growing from your feet, releasing unwanted energy, while breathing in the pure clean, strong energy of the Earth.
We are going to use one of these simple rituals you can adopt in your everyday practice. In fact – you may already be doing this without knowing it!
Drinking Sacred Herbs
When people hear the term “working with herbs”, they imagine someone who has a degree as an herbalist, who wields her mortar and pestle like a sword.
That certainly is one way some Intuitive Earth Witches work with herbs, but many of us simply work with the spirit of the plant – which works with each of us in its own unique way – based on our personal healing opportunities.
You know that you are naturally and intuitively already doing this when certain herbs make you feel a certain way.
As much as I like tea (which I prefer over coffee), I didn’t realize that drinking it was my preferred way to work with herbs until I experienced a slew of deaths in 2016. That was when pink rose petals shared her healing, loving spirit with me. I Intuitively started to include them in my morning tea.
Rose is the herb of Venus. They are the flowers of love, devotion, and the heart. You can work with roses to connect to the energy of unconditional love, pleasure, beauty, and healing grief.
If you have a preferred tea you drink in the morning or evening – you can either add rose petals to it or drink rose petal tea.
Ritual for Self-Love, Healing from Grief or Attracting Love
- Materials: You’ll need your favorite mug, a spoon, hot water, honey, rose petals, and milk. (optional), rose quartz to hold, and a quiet place to sit and reflect.
- Turn off your phone and be sure you will be undisturbed.
- Take a few deep grounding breaths to make space for your intentions and settle in your heart.
- Write a present-tense and positive statement that reflects your intentions (Example: I am so happy to be experiencing the love of my life.) Note: The physical act of writing your intention grounds it in your body.
- Next – make your tea. Put the honey in first, then the hot water, and stir your petals in clockwise while feeling/sensing/imagining your outcome. (Clockwise stirring calls in energy, while counter-clockwise repels).
- With each sip, say your intention to yourself while holding your rose quartz in your left hand (The left hand is connected to the heart)
- When done, thank the spirit of the Rose for her support, carry your rose quartz with you as a talisman and enjoy your day!
If you don’t identify with being an Intuitive Earth Witch, no worries! Although it may be particularly effective for Earth Witches, anyone can enjoy the comfort of this ritual!
Next week we will explore Practices for those Intuitive Wind Witches!