The other day, at the close of an Intuitive Tarot reading my client said “I know you said that my ancestors are with me. I have been on my path for 10 years and I cannot reach them.”
This is pretty common.
The funny thing is, from my perspective anyway – that most people have no problem with their belief in their connection with God (also unseen) but when speaking of Angels, Ancestors or other entities, they have a hard time with the concept.
I believe this is due to a few things:
- Movies (and other media): We have been conditioned by many influences, including religion, family, and the media. The depiction of how a psychic may experience connecting with “Spirit” in the movies may lead people to thinking that what they see in a movie is the only way to “do it”. It is not. We are all psychic in a way that is unique to us.
- Psychic Friends: Every psychic will experience intuition in their own way.
- Shitty Teachers: Those who teach that “their way” is the only way.
If you have the same challenge, I have a 3-Step exercise for you.
3 Steps to Spirit:
- First, if you haven’t done so already, take The Intuitive Type Test. This will tell you how you are naturally intuitive and how psychic information comes to you.
- Take Inventory: This simply means you check-in with yourself. Sit quietly and determine how you are feeling physically, emotionally, and mentally. Remember these feelings/thoughts.
- Next, call whichever entity you want to contact. Let’s say it ancestors. Feel, sense and imagine the differences in your being. Do this exercise a few times calling the same energies. Get the validation/confirmation that allows you to know you know.
Extra Credit: Once this is mastered, try calling in your Angels to see how you feel when they are around you. Always “take inventory” first!
Just so you know, it is “Witch Season” – the time of year when it is easier to connect with Spirit – particularly between October 31st – the first week of November. So this is the perfect time for you to discover how you feel your connection.