If you, like many people, have wanted to explore tarot but haven’t been able to stick to it, why not take a page out of the “advent calendar” idea?
You have probably already seen a bunch of advent calendars in your lifetime. There is no magickal history to advent calendars. They originated in 19th century Germany to educate children about Christmas. As you can gather, their goal was to create a fun way to promote religion. And – to be clear, religion was promoted to control the masses. Anyhoo – these days, businesses use them to encourage a taste of what they have to offer to potential customers.
Here, I introduce an entirely different concept: Why not take this time to learn? Each day, select a Major Arcana card from the 1st of December through the 24th so you can delve deeper into your tarot studies.
You can do this in a variety of ways:
- The traditional day, where you grab your deck and the book it came with and find the keywords that go with the card.
- The intuitive approach: Pull a card a day and meditate on it to say what the card has to say to you.
- Another intuitive approach: See what the card reminds you of and how its meaning popped up in your day.
- A combination of all three – where you pull a card, look at it, get a conscious awareness of what it means, meditate on it for a deeper meaning, then look in the book to see where you and the author of the book agree and disagree.
I’m all for the last one! (*There are only 22 Major Arcana Cards, so use one day for prep and one for recapping!)
And because we are discussing Intuitive Tarot, why not delve into learning tarot the intuitive way by taking my course 12 Steps to Tarot Mastery?
In 12 lessons, you’ll easily learn:
- Seven approaches to tarot reading: There are seven approaches to reading the cards, and you will use intuition and whichever additional modality resonates with you.
- Setting the perfect “energetic stage” for successful readings, which makes for poignant accuracy.
- Reading the emotion constellation in your chosen deck to understand how your deck “speaks” to you.
- Three unique approaches to understanding the elements in your deck.
- The art of storytelling: Threading images to offer profound readings that read like a novel.
- Personal “Numerology” & “Symbolism,” an intuitive technique that allows you greater depth & accuracy.
- “Common Sensing Your Deck” – Learning how your five senses provide powerful 6th sense information.
- Messages through Metaphors: Learning how to see messages behind the many metaphors in your deck.
- Naming people in your client’s life (or who may soon be in it).
- Reading the energy of your clients (empathy) for more powerful readings.
- Tarot Mediumship: Receiving messages from the beyond for your clients.
- 3 Powerful Timing Techniques that support your clients (or yourself!)
- The Power of creating your own Spreads & The Celtic Cross.
- Empowering communication for difficult messages: Not every reading comes up with rainbows & roses. Here, you’ll learn the art & skill of communication with compassion.
Take a look at this testimonial from someone who took the class:
I recently started your 12 Steps to Tarot Mastery – currently at lesson 8… The spirit of one of my deceased uncles contacted me randomly while I was taking a picture of my cards for Instagram. I didn’t realize he was contacting me until I looked down at the cards and started to read them! I was using the Santa Muerte tarot deck & I read that important things had been locked away in a bank (his will) and that he wanted us to know!
I am still shaking at how accurate this was & really wanted to Thank you for this class and the access to the knowledge you’ve given to not only me but to the people around me through my readings!~ John Martinez
Personally, I love working with tarot. They make every day you use them more magickal.
You Are Loved ~