People often say: “Expect the unexpected”, but even the expected can take you for a loop. Outside of my aunt, not one of the other 3 deaths in 2016 was a surprise.
This advanced knowing didn’t take away from the depth of grief and sorrow I experienced. In fact “the unexpected” was the depth of the grief and sorrow.
Because of this experience, I feel particularly equipped to provide this 7-Piece Survival Kit for you.
It is working well for me (and I honestly hope you don’t ever need it.)
- Let your feet do the walking. Get out in nature. Feel the sun on your face. Let your mind wander.
- Carry is sense of humor. The worst moments of your adversity can turn into a great story, when you are ready for that.
- Don’t procrastinate. You never know when your emotions will sneak up on you. For this reason, do what you can, while you can, just in case you end up feeling your feelings longer than you expected (ie: In bed for a week)
- Move from Victim to Victor. Look for the lessons, opportunity and power your situation has given you.
- Be present. Don’t dwell in the past. Don’t think about the future.
- Access both the visible and invisible energies and forces that can support every level of your being. (My Lumin8 Healing Oracle is the perfect tool to support your Healing Journey).
- Consult your future self. When it comes to your future, anything can happen, if you are open to it. Our futures are largely shaped by our point of view. So, with #4 in mind, ask your future self for a few helpful hints.
Remember, the depth of your adversity matches the height of the greatness you can (and will) achieve.