Back in the day – the Ancients knew there were specific energies they could align with to get specific results. When the church decided to step in and offer that one powerful male god to all the heathens – it was in an attempt to remove these other energies from our consciousness.
Working with your Ancestors is probably the easiest and most effective way you can enlist Spiritual support. I often tell clients at Curio, Craft & Conjure that “God loves everyone – but your Ancestors love you.”
Your belief about “the afterlife” dictates how you access the dead. From the Spiritualist standpoint, the dead are in a parallel realm and know when you are thinking about them.
You’ve learned that energy does not die in quantum physics terms – it simply changes form. The “observer effect” supports their ability to “manifest” – not in a physical manner, but in a transient one, which allows them to influence this side of the veil.
In my last newsletter, I talked about how offerings provide a foothold in this world. Calling them into our consciousness (or even simply remembering them) allows them to taste the Jameson placed next to their picture on our altar (so be sure to take a sip before placing their shot before them).
This has nothing to do with possession, by the way. But there is a reason why alcohol is called “spirits.” Alcohol thins your auric field, which allows for a more accessible “influence.” Those who are active in Santeria or Voodoo, for example, intentionally drink alcohol so that their intended loa (deity) can “ride” them and deliver messages.
Interacting with spirits is a personal process. Conjuring those you have a deep connection to is much easier than conjuring the Spirit of, let’s say, Hekate*- so start with who you know so you can get a feel for it.
A Suggested Process:
- Start by centering yourself in front of your ancestor altar and “opening the space.” (I teach several ways of doing this in Intuition Witch.)
- Next, connect to the love you have for your relatives through fond memories. Remember, the observer effect indicates that energy changes form upon observation. When you think of your loved ones, that is, in essence, “observation.”
- There is a very distinct, hard-to-put-into-words sense you will get that lets you know “they are here.”
- Many folks will tell you to have some type of formal prayer, but I just talk to them. I invite them in by name and start talking to them like I normally would. I express gratitude, request support and express gratitude again and make offerings.
- Close the space. The idea here is that you don’t invite a guest into your home and say, “see you later, I’ve got things to do,” and leave them hangin’.
Strengthening your psychic abilities so that you recognize these entities outside of yourself – seeing them, hearing them, smelling them, and understanding the “signs of them.”
For example, in my home, some of our “p.o.t.o.s.” (“people-on-the-other-side”) talk to us in numbers, music, flickering lights, scent, etc.
If you have been on the fence about taking Intuition Witch – you have until April 15th to get $200 off the regular price with the Promo Code LOVEISMAGICK.
The course comes with materials, is at your own pace, and prerecorded. Join the 87 participants who have enjoyed the experience!