If you’ve ever watched any of those “witchy” shows (Charmed, The Magicians, A Discovery of Witches, etc.), you’ll notice that it is pretty common for witches to “cast a circle.”
“The circle” acts as protection from outside/unwanted energies – but “witches” aren’t the only ones who create a circle of protection.
In the last newsletter, you learned that an altar acts as a portal or doorway between you and the spirit realm and/or deities your work with.
Casting a circle around your altar (or yourself) before doing any rituals is a supportive measure.
Many cultures and practices have different ways of “casting a circle”.
- In Shamanism, the 4 Directions and the Animal Totems that represent them are called in.
- In Wiccan tradition, the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram can start a ritual.
- In Yoruban tradition – it is 4 specific entities that represent the 4 directions. East/Esu; West/Shango; South/Obatala; North/Ogun)
- In Angelic belief systems, there are 4 Primary Archangels (Uriel, Gabriel, Michael, and Raphael) who also represent the 4 directions.
In Lesson 3 of Intuition Witch, we explore the many ways you can “Cast a Circle.” Most importantly, you’ll gain a deeper understanding of why circles are cast so that you can create your personal method and why you may (or may not) want to adopt a “tried and true” method.
I invite you to explore the many ways you can naturally practice your brand of witchery without the confines of dogma.
You see, an Intuition Witch follows no one. She discovers and embraces her personalized practices. She honors the wisdom in her DNA and creates her own relationships with the entities, energies, and spirits – she chooses to support her.
There are many “witch basics” in this course – but most importantly, you will discover how to personalize these basics and create your own practical path.
Lessons will reveal the following:
- Discover Your Brand of Magick
- Building Your Altar: Your Sacred Space
- Casting a circle – Calling in the 4 directions
- Discover Your Intuitive type
- Divination Tools: Including Crystals & Tarot
- An Elemental/Angelic/Direction/Herb/Crystl/Color/Astrological/Ritual “Key” of Correspondences.
- An Entity “Key” Introducing you to some of the many supportive entities available to you and how to intuitively select them.
- Key Elements of Spellcrafting
- Magick for each Type
- Smudging – and other practices for the Wind Witch
- Spiritual Baths – and other practices for the Water Witch
- Candle Magick – and other practices for Fire Witch
- Gridding – and other practices for Earth Witch
- Birthday Magick
If you are already signed up, don’t forget to find our Private Facebook Group on the Curio, Craft & Conjure page. This is where we will hold our meetings.
We start on January 15th.
Note: This course includes:
- Live Video Lessons
- Written Materials
- Experiential opportunities
- Private Facebook Group to share insight, post questions and meet other cool Intuition Witches!