How do you bring in the New Year?
Typically, I like a quiet, solitary New Year’s Eve.
I’ll create a list of what I learned in the previous year, then, a vision board (which creates my visual and emotional intention for the year), while listening to music and having a glass of cava. Then, I go to be early…waayyy before midnight.
I wasn’t always like this though.
Up until about 10 years ago, I was a “fun-chaser”…but at some point, I realized that when I chased “fun” it either eluded me or came with a heavy price tag – a hang-over (although I have to admit, some of those were fun!)
I had serious case of FoMO or “fear of missing out” – which stemmed from a fear of being alone. To avoid being with myself, I looked for distractions, in:
- “Love” (that clearly wasn’t.)
- “Out for Fun” when I’d rather be home.
- “Smiling and nodding” when I thought otherwise.
Well, I am happy to report that you wont find me in any of the above scenarios anymore.
And you know what? I appreciate how far I’ve come.
Anyhoo, I want to share my 2017 “Lumin8tions” or what I learned in 2017:
1) Feeling loved promotes health. Value those you love above all else. Allow them to love you.
2) Changing others is futile; changing yourself is a Super-Power. If something triggers you on the outside, it’s a clue to look inside and make adjustments.
3) Pick your battles, particularly in your close, personal relationships. Do you want to “win” or do you want to learn and grow? “Winning” sometime comes with unexpected costs and side-effects to boot.
4) FoMO is a manifestation of insecurity. Security is only obtained by being comfortable enough in your own skin to live your values.
5) Lighten-up. If you view life as a chore, it will become one.
6) Magick is in the mundane. Anyone can face a crisis – it’s day to day living that wears you out. Make your mundane tasks (like cooking, cleaning, paying your bills…) prayers in action.
7) Grounding is the Spiritual equivalent to calling your mother. Connecting with the earth daily, barefoot, reduces inflammation, and delivers a variety of other physical & emotional health benefits.
8) Don’t take yourself so seriously. What you think is so important? Nobody cares. You will fuck up again and again. That’s the point.
BONUS: Pause. Look around. Take it in. In every moment there is an opportunity for the beauty of life to stun you. Look for it.
Happy New Year. I am wishing you all the Amazing you can handle in 2018 and beyond <3