Happy Valentine’s Day!
The most common desire people look to us for support at Curio, Craft & Conjure is love.
To invoke true, healthy love from another, you must know beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are deserving and worthy. Therefore, the best love spells to support your self-esteem, help you love and respect yourself, and support your confidence – which is the most magnetic quality there is!
Many people know Aphrodite as a Goddess of love, but there are numerous entities that support love (the least reputed in this area is Hekate, Queen of the Witches!)
In this newsletter, I offer a Self-Love bath. With it, you are being supported by one of the most popular Orishas, Oshun. (It is a little-known fact that, regardless of what you look like, the 7 African Powers help us all.)
This bath ritual affirms that you are worthy and is particularly beneficial for those who have allowed their self-esteem to be impacted by a lost or unrequited love. It’s also great for those who feel humiliated emotionally, physically, or sexually.
This bath has other hidden benefits! On those special occasions when you feel the need to be transformed or perform any romantic spells, this Self Love Bath will set the stage.
Oshun’s Hibiscus Self-Love Bath
- Dried red hibiscus flowers
- Dried Jasmine flower
- Dried pink rose petals
- Rose quartz and seashells
- Five candles: blue, brown, pink, white, yellow
- A handful of sea salt
- One teaspoon pure almond extract
- Fresh white rose petals
- One drop of essential oil of peppermint
- Four drops of sweet orange essential oil
*Each ingredient (except white roses and almond extract) is available at Curio, Craft & Conjure.
- Make two separate infusions: one from the hibiscus alone, the other from the combined raspberry leaves and rose petals. Quantities are dependent upon the color you wish to achieve. Hibiscus will tint your water. The more flowers, the stronger the infusion and the deeper the color. Keep in mind that you are taking this infusion and pouring it in the bath – so the color will not be as intense as it initially appears. Note: The second infusion should contain about half as much water and material as the hibiscus infusion. Use equal parts of the three herbs.
- When the infusions are complete, strain and mix them together.
- Draw a bath of warm water. Place rose quartz and seashells around your tub.
- This bath calls for 5 five candles in honor of Oshun – who will support the healing and opening of your heart chakra. Each color relates to and heals a different aspect. Arrange them around your room. Light the candles, turning off all other lights before entering the tub. Add the infused waters along with a handful of salt, almond extract, and essential oils.
- Float the white flowers on top of the bath and enter, adding the essential oils and flower essence, breathe in the beautiful aroma and envision yourself as healed, whole, loved, and worthy.
*If a tub is not available, feel free to make a shower spray!
Happy Valentines Day! You Are Loved!