Have you noticed the patterns in your life?
Like seeing certain numbers repeatedly? Or the repeated mention of a book or person?
We all experience events like this. But NOT everyone pauses to reflect on the meanings and messages in them.
Carl Jung called it “synchronicity”, simply defined as “meaningful coincidences.” He believed that we are all intimately connected via a collective universal consciousness…. that there was no such thing as a “random coincidence”.
Scientists will use the term “confirmation bias” to explain synchronicity – asserting that it is “a trick of the mind”, allowing us identify and place meaning in the patterns in the “random” events in our lives.
Personally – I’m more in alignment with Carl. In fact, not only do I believe that we are connected – I also believe that we are always being guided. We can find meaning in metaphors and messages in the mundane.
What do you believe?
- Do you notice when you see or hear something over and over again?
- Are the patterns you notice, God/The Universe’s way of trying to communicate?
- Do you attribute certain signs as coming from specific sources?
I want to offer a few ways to gain insight and learning from your sychronistic events:
3 Synchronicity Secrets
1. Notice what you notice. It is really that simple. The fact that you notice something because it is repeated (and even if it is NOT, btw) is “The Universe” tapping on your shoulder.
2. Offer something to The Universe. Do you have a question about your life and need clarity or guidance? Or would you like support with a personal or professional goal? If you intentionally ask The Universe for answers or guidance with your goals, (and stay awake and aware for the answers), you open yourself up to receive guidance or inspiration through synchronistic events, messages or meetings.
3. Follow the signs, hints, or suggestions. TRUE STORY: After being diagnosed with cancer in July, I had a flashing thought “I should cancel Lumin8 Charlotte”.
As soon as I thought it, my gut said “No”.
Many changes had to be made to ensure I had the energy to move forward with Lumin8. All the changes that had to be made (with the speakers, attendees, and venue) were all easy adjustments…a “synchronistic sign” that told me “all is well”.
Fast forward: After receiving overwhelming support from our community, (the one that YOU are part of!), I decided make Lumin8 Charlotte an annual “Educational FunRaiser”. A percentage of the profits will help Charlotte’s cancer patients and facilities like Wind River Wellness.
I am excited about giving back in this way. Cancer has deeply touched my life – in fact, it has changed it.
One of the topics I will personally share with you includes noticing signs, symbols & omens, so you know how to stay awake and aware and have the ability to discern the messages you are given.
If you feel called to help, while getting something back, join us September 23rd & 24th at The Ayrsley Hilton Garden Inn.