I don’t know about you, but sometimes I feel like I’m not doing “enough.” I sometimes have feelings that suggest I could be “more,” do “more,” have “more.”
The other day, while I was chasing this perfection “fantasy,” I cleared out my refrigerator, pantry, garage (I don’t see a bit of difference there yet), and Gianna’s old room. A friend picked up an old couch (that came from a relationship I’d like to forget). I opened the doors and burned Palo Santo in the house. I then dug several holes in my backyard, scooped up handfuls of bulbs to plant, imagined the feeling of seeing them in full bloom in Spring, and blew my vision into each handful. I was a sweaty, stinky mess, and my body ached, so I took a long elderberry Epsom salt bath.
Later that day, while my son was at work, I decided to enjoy my first fire of the season. As I sat under the stars, feeling the warmth, I reflected on my day.
It was then I realized I was exactly where I was supposed to be.
I literally (but unconsciously) cleared space, connected with each element, and made space for “more.”
When I opened the windows and burned the Palo Santo, I connected to the air element, bringing fresh ideas and perspectives.
I connected to the earth when I dug into my backyard. While planting the bulbs (the metaphor for “ideas and dreams), I added my feeling and vision with my breath.
I allowed myself to be soothed and cleansed by the water element and connected to my fire under the stars.
Upon reflection, I realized my whole day was a prayer!
We are not Monks on mountain tops. We are multi-tasking humans in the thick of civilization. In this dimension, we are tasked with juggling jobs, relationships, children/families, homes, health, and bills. And ON TOP of all that, some of us want to evolve spiritually.
But this doesn’t always mean taking a deep, patient breath when someone pisses you off, and it also doesn’t mean meditating in a pretzel pose or contorting your body into impressive positions. None of this is the definition of “spirituality.”
Everything we do is “spirituality.”
So – today, I leave you with this: Cut yourself some slack.
On another note, a gentle reminder:
The Sorceress Society is my NEW Premier Membership which offers all courses I’ve created (and will make) on Magickal Practices and Rituals.
It currently includes:
- Intuition Witch: Discover your Natural brand of Magick – $497 Unlocked!
- Shadow Magick: Work with the Power of Your Shadow – $597 Unlocked!
- Love Magick: Create rituals and practices that support finding true love – $397, coming in February!
- The Art & Soul of Crystal Magick: How to use crystals in Magick & Ritual – $297 Coming Soon!
- Hands-on-Hoodoo: The theory, traditional wisdom, and quantum physics that supports a unique approach to rituals and Magick $597 Coming Soon!
- Moon Magick Wish Secrets: Learn how the moon’s power can support your Magick and Manifesting $97 Unlocked!
- Psychic Self Defense: Learn to protect yourself as your awareness of our “reality” expands. $497 Coming Soon!