If you are not one of those folks into “sabbats” – (Easter, Ostara, or otherwise), celebrate the season – and there are many ways to celebrate Spring!
This is an excellent time to literally and figuratively plant seeds for the future and start acting on the goals you dreamed up during the winter months. Note: With the right energy, what you “plant” now will be ready to be harvested during the Summer.
This is an excellent time to freshen up your home and places you spend time. Plan time for some spring cleaning, decluttering, and cleaning your car, office, or even cell phone (deleting old pics).
Wind Clearing Ritual
List the emotions and thought patterns you are ready to release on paper, then burn it. Mix the ashes with flour and blow them away with your breath and intention on a windy day.
Water Clearing Ritual
List the emotions and issues you are ready to release and take a regular shower. Follow the shower up with a spiritual bath using lemon rinds and Epsom salts. While soaking in the tub, read your list aloud, and soak until you feel clear. Get out of the tub, whisk as much water from your body, and air dry.
More optional rituals:
- Go for a walk with a quiet, observational attitude. Look for signs in nature, like new spring flowers and birds.
- Begin planning your garden. If the weather is warm enough where you are, and you are past the danger of frost, begin planting it.
Create a Spring Altar (A Fire Ritual)
- Place a green, yellow, or purple cloth on a flat surface you see every day.
- Place a yellow 7-day candle on your altar space.
- Add images of rabbits, eggs, citrine crystals, and a vase filled with fresh flowers or any symbols of Spring that fill you with hope and optimism.
- Daily, light your candle, count your blessings, give thanks, snuff the candle, and continue with your day feeling renewed.
2 Earth Rituals:
1. Honor Your Land – If you have a yard, now is a time to honor your garden by cleaning up the beds, offering compost or fertilizer, and performing a simple ritual for protection and blessing. (Even if you do not have a garden, do not worry. This ritual works just as well for potted plants on a balcony or windowsill.)
2. Seed Ritual – In many Magickal traditions, seeds are one of the bases of energy and growth. Some practitioners include seeds in every spell ritual they perform based on the principle of sympathetic magic. As the seeds grow, so will the power and effects of the spell.
Light a white 7-day candle. Hold your hands over the seeds as you picture your desires. Feel the energy passing from your hands into the seeds themselves. When you feel you have filled them with as much energy as possible, snuff the candle and bring the seeds outside to a safe place. Scatter them on the soil. As they grow, so will your blessings.
Whatever ritual you do – be sure to get outside and experience the hope and optimism of this season.
Suppose you are new to “witchery” – easily discover how to create your own brand of Magick with Intuition Witch! Save $200 (pay only $197!) by using promo code LOVEISMAGICK at checkout. Learn more about Intuition Witch here.