You may have seen movies where the “witches” cast a circle and thought, “what is THAT all about??”
Simply put, “the circle” protects from outside/unwanted energies.
Your altar acts as a doorway between you and the realm of the spirits and deities your work with – so casting a circle around your altar (or yourself) before doing any rituals is a supportive measure.
Many cultures and practices have different ways of “casting a circle.”
- In Shamanism, we call in the 4 directions and the Animal Totems that represent them.
- In Wiccan tradition, you’d perform The Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram.
- In Yoruban tradition, we’d invite 4 specific entities representing the 4 directions: East/Esu; West/Shango; South/Obatala; North/Ogun.
- In Angelic belief systems, we invite 4 Primary Archangels: Uriel, Gabriel, Michael, and Raphael – who also represent the 4 directions.
When studying tarot, you’ll learn that each suit represents an element that also represents a direction and aspect of life:
- Pentacles/Earth/East/Physical/Material things
- Swords/Air/North/Mental//Thoughts or Beliefs
So – when we call in the directions, whatever our spiritual beliefs or leanings, we are also calling in all aspects of being (and their respective energies)
It helps to know this so you can access the energies that will support your ritual work.
For years I enjoyed the Shamanic practice of Calling in the Directions. Although I have no Wiccan affiliations, I have transitioned to The Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram (including calling in the 4 primary Archangels). I also add entity preferences to my personal process ritual – making it more personal.
In the end, I believe that knowing why you are doing what you are doing is more important than simply doing a ritual due to the direction of an “authority.”
There are so many ways you can call in these energies when doing rituals. In Lesson 3 of my online course Intuition Witch, I describe several to help you determine which feels right for you.
There are many “witch basics” in this course, and you will be invited to personalize the basics and create your own practical path.
Lessons also include:
- Building Your Altar: Your Sacred Space
- Casting a circle – Calling in the 4 directions
- Discover Your Intuitive type
- The Use of Divination Tools: Including Crystals & Tarot
- An Elemental/Angelic/Direction/Herb/Crystal/Color/Astrological/Ritual “Key” of Correspondences.
- An Entity “Key” Introducing you to some of the many supportive entities available to you and how to select them intuitively.
- Magick for each Type
- Correspondence Key: Your “Crib Notes” to Angels/Astrological/Color/Directions/Elemental/Magick/Tarot
- Smudging – and other practices for the Wind Witch
- Spiritual Baths – and other practices for the Water Witch
- Candle Magick – and other practices for Fire Witch
- Gridding – and other practices for Earth Witch
- Birthday Magick
This course includes:
- Video Lessons
- Written Materials
- Experiential opportunities
- Private Facebook Group to share insight, post questions, and meet other cool Intuition Witches!
This course is offered on my site for $397 – but as a subscriber to my newsletter – you receive $200 off that price when you use the promo code: LOVEISMAGICK.
This opportunity is only good through April 15th – so to create your brand of Magick – take advantage of this opportunity now!